Resources | 资源
Chinese language resources
The University of Manchester
- View the University of Manchester Library's subject guide for Chinese studies or explore the links to specific resources below
The lists below are a collection of resources that the University Library provides to help our researchers identify key information in all the areas of China Studies.
Full text subscribed databases in Chinese for China studies
- China Academic Journals
- China Doctoral Dissertations
- China Masters Dissertations
- Renmin Ribao Digital Archive
- Shen Bao Digital Archive
- Sinica Sinoweb
- Taiwan Electronic Periodical Services
Full text subscribed databases in English for China studies
- Artemis Primary Sources - China from Empire to Republic
- China: Culture and Society
- China: Trade, Politics and Culture 1793-1980
- China Data online
- Oxford Language Dictionaries Online
- Periodicals Archive Online
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers: Chinese Newspapers Collection
- South China Morning Post《南華早報》
- Translations of the Peking gazette online
UoM Chinese Special Collection
The UoM Library’s Special Collections provide a rich resource for China Studies. The Library’s printed, manuscript and archival collections are of particular value to Chinese Studies.
The Library’s Chinese and China-related collections encompass a remarkable diversity of material, documenting five centuries of Chinese history and culture.
For advice on these resources, contact Zhang Ruili, Academic Engagement Librarian in Chinese Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 161 306 1886 / 0161 306 4930
Free online Chinese language resources
Non-digitised Chinese language resources will also be made available.
Chinese language research travel
Manchester China Institute funding may be available for Chinese language research travel.
Visit our Funding page for information on scholarships and grants.
DisasterHistory.org is an online bilingual resource bringing leading academic research on manmade and natural disaster in Chinese history to the general public.
Find descriptions of UK library collections:
Oxford and Bodleian and China Centre Libraries
- Chinese E-resources Oxford (also lists many free resources)
- Chinese Catalogues Oxford
- Bodleian Library Chinese Collections
- China Centre Library Collections
- Chinese Special Collections at Oxford (Democracy Wall publications - search for 'democracy wall' in subjects of the Oxford Chinese catalogue)
- Reader's card for the Bodleian Libraries
- Staying in Oxford
- Chinese Language Collections (an un-curated trove of Hong Kong materials)
The British Library, 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB.
Contact the Chinese Collections Curator, Emma Goodliffe:
- Email email@example.com or telephone +44 20 7412 7144
Needham Research Institute, Cambridge
8 Sylvester Road, Cambridge CB3 9AF.
Contact the Librarian, John Moffett:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 1223 311545
Berlin State Library
- Crossasia (State Library Berlin resources and catalogues)
The Chinese University of Hong Kong | 香港中文大学
Contact the Assistant Director, Gao Qi:
- Email email@example.com or telephone (852) 3943 8765